Sunday, October 28, 2012

Eggplant Lasagna

2 eggplants
olive oil
mushrooms
nutritional yeast
homemade marinara 
homepade spinach pesto
about 3/4 C ricotta cheese

Yield: 8 servings

I am usually pretty specific with my ingredient quantities, but this time around I was the opposite! I approximated a lot and went by taste. I also used what I had in the 'fridge (i.e. mushrooms: it was about 125g, just because that's all that was left!) Anyway, this is pretty delicious and I hope that you enjoy!

Heat oven to 400F. Slice the eggplants lengthwise, ideally getting 8 slices. Brush each side with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.


Cook for about 25 minutes, or until eggplants are tender and golden.

While that's cooking, I made my pesto (recipe found in next blog post) and tomato sauce (tomatoes, tomato paste, spices, water.) I also used a food processor to combine the ricotta and mushrooms.

Once cooked, arrange the eggplant slices in a baking pan. Add marinara, pesto, the mushroom and ricotta mixture and finally the remaining slices of eggplant.


I topped this off with the rest of the marinara and some nutritional yeast, which tastes very much like cheese (but without the fat!)


Bake until cheese is bubbly and edges are golden brown. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment